In honour of World Cookie Day, we wanted to make a quick and easy cookie in a mug that we could enjoy while in the office that is delicious AND low in calories 🍪
Low Calorie Cookie in a Cup
What’s better than a fresh hot cookie? A fresh hot cookie IN A CUP AND it's low in calories.
INGREDIENTS (to make 1 cup):
- 3 tbsp (23g) of gluten free flour
- 1 packet of sweetener
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp (~15g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp (23ml) nonfat milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate chips
- In a small bowl or mug, combine the flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt before mixing well to combine the ingredients. This will be all your dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl or mug, combine the melted coconut oil, greek yoghurt and nonfat milk. Mix well to combine these and this will be all your wet ingredients.
- Begin to mix your dry ingredients in with your wet ingredients. Gradually pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients bowl and stir until all the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add in ¾ tsp of the chocolate chips and fold into the mixture.
- Once everything has been combined, place the remaining chocolate chips on top and place the mug into the microwave.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the top is a nice golden brown.
- Let the mug cool for a few minutes before removing from the microwave to ensure the centre of the cookie is cooked through.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!