In light of National Cookie Day, and in the spirit of Christmas, we wanted to share with you our delicious, guilt-free Protein Gingerbread Men Recipe.
These ginger bread men are the perfect solution to enjoying a scrumptious treat whilst staying on track with your macros.
Combining the powerful benefits of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, these protein cookies are excellent for promoting gut health, reducing inflammation, and lowering your blood pressure.
You're also going to score a big hit of protein from your eggs and protein powder, making them the ideal pre or post workout treat.
A pre-workout protein cookie will help your muscles go hard during your session, whilst a post-workout cookie will aid with muscle recovery and promote muscle growth.
So, yes, essentially what we are telling you is that you can chow down on some bomb ginger bread men and still make gains at the same time. Sounds like a dream come true, are we right?!
Now that we know you can't resist it's time to get baking. Check out the recipe below!
SERVINGS: 8 | CALS PER SERVE: 215 | PROTEIN PER SERVE: 8g
• 1 X Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder.
• 1 1/3 Cup almond flour
• 1/4 Cup brown sugar
• 1tsp Baking soda
• 2tsp Ground ginger
• 2tsp Ground cinnamon
• 1/4tsp Ground nutmeg
• Pinch of salt
• 3tbs Maple syrup
• 1tbs Coconut oil (melted)
• 1 X Egg
• Flour of choice (for rolling)
• Your choice of decorations / toppings
1. Combine protein powder, almond flour, brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the maple syrup, coconut oil and egg until well combined. Once all the ingredients are mixed combine the dry and wet ingredients (large mixing bowl).
3. Once combined place the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
4. After the dough is chilled, sprinkle some flour onto a large rolling surface and roll the dough until flat and about 1cm thick (rolling pin required).
5. Using a ginger bread cookie cutter, cut dough into 8 cookies.
6. Put the cookies onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper and sit in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
7. Whilst the cookies are being chilled preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
8. After 20 minutes place to cookies in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes (or until golden).
9. When the ginger bread men are cooked leave them on a cooling tray and decorate once they are cooled.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give them a go drop us a comment below or tag us in your Instagram pics!