Protein is the KING of all food groups. It can stimulate muscle growth, aid with recovery, and can help with maintaining muscle mass throughout weight loss.
With so many amazing benefits, consuming enough protein is just as important as exercise when it comes to reaching your health and fitness goals.
Whilst it's easy to understand the importance of adequate protein intake, actually hitting your protein targets is a whole other ball game.
Protein powder is an easy, convenient, and inexpensive way to boost your protein consumption, helping you to crush any goal. However, drinking the same shake everyday can bore the tastebuds. So, why not chuck it in a smoothie?!
Smoothies have got to be the quickest and easiest thing to make. They are as simple as putting your ingredients in the blender, mixing them up, and enjoying the deliciousness. They can also be one of the most nutritious meals, jam packed full of healthy micronutrients that your body craves.
Below we've shared some of our favourite protein smoothie recipes, each tailored towards specific athletes with different ambitions.
1. THE HULK - MUSCLE GAIN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Sufficient protein intake is absolutely essential for growing your muscles. Without it you're going to struggle to add size and build strength. So, if you're on a mission to grow those boulder shoulders, this is the recipe for you!
- 2 Scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 1 cup water (or milk of choice if you prefer it creamier)
With almond milk
Calories : 640
2. BANANA BLITZ - WEIGHT LOSS PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
One of the reasons protein is so good for weight loss is because it helps you feel fuller for longer. Paired with all the delicious nutrients found in this smoothie recipe and you'll beyond satisfied.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1.5 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2tbs Nativa Sugar Free Caramel Sauce
3. SUPER STRAWBERRY SHREDDER - VEGAN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Of course plant-based protein is ideal for anyone who prefers not to eat animal products, but did you know it can also a great alternative for anyone who experiences digestive issues? This is because vegan protein is high in fibre which helps keep your digestive tract healthy.
Plant protein also contains less saturated fat, so may be a better option if you're out on a weight loss journey.
INGREDIENTS - FOR MUSCLE BUILDING
- 2 Scoops of strawberry vegan protein powder.
- 2 cups Frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberry YoPro yoghurt
- 3/4 cup Almond milk (or milk of choice)
INGREDIENTS - FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- 1 Scoop of strawberry vegan protein powder
- 1.5 cups Frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup Strawberry YoPro yoghurt
- 1/3 cup Almond milk (or milk of choice)
We hope you enjoy these protein smoothie recipes! We love to see all of your re-creations over on Instagram, so be sure to tag us in any posts!