This simple, yet delicious low-calorie Nutella protein cookie recipe will curve those sweet cravings whilst helping you hit your protein targets.
Made from only 4 ingredients - Nutella, protein powder, egg and self raising flour - this is a recipe anyone can follow, and that the entire family will enjoy!
SERVINGS: 8 | CALS PER SERVE: 114 | PROTEIN PER SERVE: 4g
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
Nutella: This mouth-watering hazelnut spread adds the sweet component to these protein cookies. If you're looking for a vegan alternative we recommend Nuttvia hazelnut spread.
Protein Powder: Whey protein or vegan protein powder will work fine for this recipe. We suggest either using a vanilla or chocolate flavoured protein powder, as these flavours compliment hazelnut the best.
Egg: Egg adds an additional hit of protein to these Nutella cookies. They are also jam-packed full of essential nutrients, such as vitamin D. To make these cookies extra fluffy, whisk the egg prior to adding it to the other ingredients.
Self- Raising Flour: It's important to use self-raising flour for this recipe to ensure your cookies rise and turn fluffy. We used white-self raising flour for our batch.
If you don't have any self-raising flour on hand this can be substituted for all purpose flour, but you will also need to include 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
• If the dough is too sticky whilst rolling out the Nutella cookies, place the mixture in the fridge for 5 - 10 minutes. This will help the dough to firm up, making it easier to roll into balls.
• If you want to turn these Nutella protein cookies into a chunky, chocolate sensation, add some chocolate chips or chunks to the batter. If you'd prefer to enhance the nutty-flavour, you can add chopped hazelnuts. Or, if you're feeling extra daring, add both.
TIME TO BAKE:
- 3/4 Cup of Nutella.
- 20g Protein Powder.
- 70g Self-Raising Flour.
- 1 Large egg.
- Chocolate chips or chunks (optional).
- Chopped hazelnuts (optional).
- Set your oven to 180g C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Whisk your egg in a small bowl.
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Roll into 8 balls, placed spaciously on the baking tray. Remember, if the dough isn't rolling correctly you can place it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to toughen it up.
- Once the cookie dough balls are all laid out on the tray, place in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes (or until the cookies are golden on top).
- Place the cooked cookies on the cooling rack and set them aside for another 5-10 minutes (or until cooled).
We hope you enjoy this healthy Nutella protein cookie recipe. If you give them a shot, remember to share your creations with us on the 'gram!